FAQ : Frequently Solar Street Lights Questions & Answers
Frequently Solar Street Lights Questions & Answers
Solar lights are usually tailored on your needs. A system that is perfect to be installed in London is not suitable to be installed in Dubai. If you want to be supplied with the perfect solution we kindly ask you to send us some more details.
Which are the information you should give us to best customize our solar lights?
- The sunshine hours per day or the exact city the street lights will be installed
- How many continuous rainy days in the raining season there? (It matters because we have to make sure the light can still work in 3 or 4 raining days with little sunshine)
- The brightness of LED lamp(50Watt, for example)
- Working time of solar light every day(10 hours, for example)
- The height of the poles, or the width of road
- It is best to offer the pictures on the locations where the solar lamps going to be installed
What is a sun hour?
A sun hour is a unit of measurement of the intensity of sunlight on the earth at a given time that can be used for generation of solar power, recognizing factors such as climate and weather. A full sun hour is measured as the intensity of sunlight at noon, whereas less than a full sun hour will result during the hours before and after noon.
Which types of warranties you will have?
- Solar Panel: mininum 25 years of power generation capacity, with 10-years warranty
- LED Light: Mininum 50.000 hours life span, with 2-year all inclusive warranty - covers everything on the LED street lights, including lamp holder parts, power supply, radiatior, scaling gasket, LED modules & lens
- Battery: 5 to 7 years life span, with a 2-year warranty
- Controller inverter and all the electronic parts: Minimum 8 years by ordinary usage, with a 2- year warranty
- Pole solar panel bracket and all the metal parts: up to 10 years life span
What happens if there are cloudy days?
Electrical energy is stored in the battery each day, and some of that energy is used to operate the light at night. Generally, we design your system so that the battery will operate the light for five nights without charging. This means that, even after a series of cloudy days, there will be plenty energy in the battery to power the light each night. Also, the solar panel will continue to charge the battery (although at a reduced rate) even when it is cloudy.
How does the light know when to turn on and turn off?
TR SOLAR’s solar controller uses a photocell and/or timer to control when the light will turn on, when the sun goes down, and to turn off when the sun comes up. The photocell detects when the sun comes down and when the sun comes up again.
TR SOLAR can make the lamp last anywhere from 8-14 hours, and this varies on the customer’s needs.
The solar controller utilizes an internal timer that is pre-set for a specific number of hours to determine when to switch the light off. If the solar controller is set to leave the light on until dawn, it determines when the sun rise (and when to switch the light off) by means of voltage readings from the solar panel array.
What is the typical maintenance schedule for a solar lighting system?
There is no regular maintenance required for a solar lighting system. However, it is helpful to keep the solar panels clean, especially in a dusty climate.
Why TR SOLAR advises to use 24V for 40+W Solar LED System?
Our suggestion for using 24V battery bank for solar LED system is based on our research which we conducted earlier before launching our Solar LED system.
What we did in our research was that we actually tested both the systems 12V battery bank and as well as 24V battery bank.
What do we need to know to customize your solar light project?
In order to customize your solar light project the first thing we need to focus on is the location for installing the solar power lighting system and the perfect location where you want to install your solar light project, because different locations and surface have different levels of sunlight which can have an impact on the outcome of the solar light project.
Do I have to charge the batteries?
Batteries are shipped 85% charged. The batteries will be at 100% charged within two weeks of proper operation.
What is a Gel Battery (VRLA Battery)?
Gel battery also known as VRLA (valve regulated lead-acid) batteries or gel cells, contains acid that has been gelled by the addition of silica gel, turning the acid into a solid mass that looks like gooey Jell-O. They contain less acid than a regular battery. Gel batteries are commonly used in wheelchairs, golf carts and marine applications. There are several advantages to using gel batteries.
What are Solar Lights?
If Scientifically define, Solar lights are portable light fixtures composed of LED lamps, photovoltaic solar panels, and rechargeable batteries.
How many hours need to install Solar/Wind Led street light?
Installing a solar or wind powered LED street light isn’t any sort of rocket science, in fact anyone willing to install by himself can do it easily.
If you need more information please, don't hesitate to contact us. Our staff will be glad to help you in any your requirements.